HORACIO ALBERTO MELO TORRES
MetadatosMostrar el registro completo del ítem
Problem: Today a formal education can cost $100000 or more and is on the rise. Información Abierta s goal will be to offer affordable education to everyone by matching knowledgeable people with those looking to learn a particular skill. People can take and offer classes on any topic ranging from academia to life skills. Información Abierta will function as an online marketplace for people to offer and purchase classes and lessons.Solution:The way to drive down education costs and offer an alternative to a university is by allowing educators and teachers to go directly to students and knowledge seekers. Product:We offer 2 models: Online and in personOnline:The lessons are displayed as videos looking at a whiteboard combined with audio from the teacher explaining the concepts similar to those on Khan Academy. Teachers can create and record these lessons on our easy to use iPad app and sell them on our marketplace. In person:These are educator organized live classes. The teacher chooses their topic price class size and times. They also are required to find their own location to hold the class similar to Meetup. Información Abierta will take a 25% fee from each online lesson or in person class sale leaving the creator with 75% of the profits.Market size:Using the data in a report by the Ministry of Education Universidad de Chile from 2009 we can see the total number of people in Chile seeking higher education. The three main places of enrollment were: traditional universities (303127) private universities (273473) and vocational institutions (299643). Opportunity:With the current state of the Chilean educational system there is a great opportunity to offer alternative education options to current and prospective students. We believe the current conditions in Chile offer the perfect launch platform for Información Abierta.